One of the best habits any author can get into is to make a habit of using our resources. There are so many things around that can help you improve, from specific advice from experts in fields you’re writing about to craft books by well-known authors.
It’s not just about having these resources, though. You must use them. How often have you gotten a book that will help you learn something, and it ends up sitting on the shelf or your nightstand for months? If you really want to get serious about your writing, you must make the conscious decision to learn, to explore, and to stretch your mind to improve every day.
In this episode, we talk about some of our favorite resources, our reader’s favorite resources, and the kinds of places you can go to learn in your writing journey.
First aired January 27, 2022.
– On Writing, by Stephen King
– Save the Cat! Writes a Novel: The Last Book on Novel Writing You’ll Ever Need, by Jessica Brody
– Telling Lies for Fun and Profit, by Lawrence Block
– The Fantasy Fiction Formula, by Deborah Chester
– Write Your Novel from the Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, by James Scott Bell